NOTE: YOUR REGISTRATION IS INCOMPLETE UNTIL HEP RECEIVES THIS FORM AND YOUR $30 PAYMENT! In the past, several parents ordered tests without letting us know. This caused us to be over-crowded. For 2013, if we fill up and do not have a registration form for you, you will NOT be allowed to test. So, be sure to order the test AND let HEP know you are testing by completing this form and paying your $35 fee plus $2.89 tax for a total of $37.89.
Dates for Testing at HEP 2013
IOWA - The IOWA is a timed test. Students in 1st-8th grades test all three days, and students in 9-12th grades test both Monday and Tuesday. Calculators may be used, but please do not use a programmable calculator. HEP will NOT furnish calculators. You may choose not to use a calculator.
- 1st- 2nd grades – May 13, 14, 15 — Morning Session only – 9:00 am-Noon (students come all 3 days)
- 3-8th grades – -May 13, 14, 15 — Morning Session – 9:00 am-Noon (students come all 3 days) OR
- 3-8th grades - May 13, 14, 15 —-Afternoon Session 1:00pm-4pm (students come all 3 days)
- 9-12th grades - May 13, 14 — Afternoon Session only – 1:00pm-4:00pm (students come both days)
We are no longer offering testing for Kindergarten due to low enrollment in this age group.
Sessions are limited to 50 students.
Please note: There is not room for parents and siblings to remain at HEP during testing. We encourage you to go to the park or some other place where your young children can have fun while your other children are testing.
Also, parents must park in marked parking places and not block the parking lot exits. We share the Fuqua Business Park with many other businesses and need to be good citizens when parking. Please help us with this important safety issue.
- HEP Bookstore/HEP of Texas
- 11665 Fuqua, STE A-100, Houston, TX. 77034
- $35 plus $2.89 tax for a total of $37.89 per child (covers testing, registration, shipping, and processing by HEP).
- HEP Bookstore accepts cash, check, or major credit cards.
- No refunds will be given for the $35 plus $2.89 tax for a total of $37.89 registration fee unless the student withdraws by April 1, 2013.
- BJU will refund the money on un-used tests. This will be done by BJU, not HEP.
How do I register with HEP?
- Click the registration icon below and complete the HEP test registration form. Complete one per child.
- Mail, fax (281-922-0504), or drop the registration form by HEP Bookstore (11665 Fuqua, STE A-100) by March 28, 2013. (We will fill up so to ensure your spot, sign up early).
How do I order my test?
Contact BJU and order your test:
Order your tests from BJU by March 28th to avoid a $30 expediting charge!
Phone: 1.800.845.5731 or 1.864.242.5100 ext. 3300 Fax: 1.866.477.TEST (8378) or 1.864.770.1326
Mail: Customer Services 1700 Wade Hampton Blvd. Greenville, SC 29614-0062
- Tell them you want to order an IOWA ITBS (not CogAT) form C test to be administered by Joanne Juren (tester number 985441).
- Use a credit card to pay for your test.
- Be sure to give BJU our new address. The test should be mailed directly to:
Joanne E. Juren
C/O – HEP Bookstore 11665 Fuqua, STE A-100
Houston, TX. 77034
Will modifications be made for special needs students?
- BJU requires that each special needs child be tested in an individual environment. Due to Mrs. Juren’s busy schedule, she is not able to provide this service at this time.
How will I get my results?
- Results will be posted electronically to the parent’s BJU Press account.
- Results normally take two weeks. Go to www.bjupress.com and login to your account using your login and password. An account would have been set up for you when you purchased the test. We will make every effort to ship the tests back to BJU for scoring as soon as the testing is complete.
- BJU will not accept partial orders so if a child is absent due to illness and wishes to make up the test on a later date, the testing can not be returned until the make-up session is complete. We do make every effort to encourage parents to complete make-ups as soon as possible.
Who will administer the tests?
We use qualified/certified testers. These ladies are all HEP Teachers or parents and are wonderful with children. Each is experienced and will ensure that your child has the best possible conditions for testing.
The testers are:
Joanne Juren, B.A., M.Ed.
Valerie Maier, B.A.
Cheryl Red, B.S., M.S.
Kay Winemiller, B.A.
Complete this registration form and return it to HEP Bookstore along with your $37.89 (includds tax). We accept cash, check, Visa, MC, Am Express, and Discover.